As a learner you will be trained and given opportunity to provides operational support in the charging and blasting related functions at open cast mines, in compliance with all Customer rules and procedures when operating at Customer sites.
- Assist the Explosives Controller to conduct routine fault finding, trouble shooting, maintenance and repairs on the MMU process plant and chassis
- Assist the Site Administrator with stock control
- Load and unload the MMU with the correct raw materials
- Unload raw materials (emulsion Matrix and Expand tankers)
- Close blast holes with the correct stemming material to above the collar of the blast hole
- Perform the duties of a blast guard as required
- Cleaning and decontamination of MMU.
- Identification of any abnormal conditions on the MMU and within the work area and reporting thereof to the Explosives Controller and/or Site Supervisor
- Maintain ownership of bulk explosives MMU by conducting good housekeeping of the cab, chassis and plant.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Must have completed N3 / Grade 12 / Matric certification.
- Clear Criminal Record.
- Medically Fit for Duty.
How to Apply
Location: North West
Location: Northen Cape