The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites all innovative and talented applicants to apply for its Information Technology Internship (Grow-IT) opportunity.
Grow-IT is an internship programme which is aimed at addressing the current and future skills needs of the SARB’s Business Solutions and Technology Department (BSTD) in response to the departmental strategy and workforce planning. This includes capacity- and capability-building, as well as succession-planning and future talent in the department.
To be considered for this internship, candidates must:
- Have a National Diploma in IT (NQF 6) or a Bachelor’s degree in:
- Computer Science,
- Information Systems,
- Data Science,
- or Software Engineering;
- Be a South African citizen;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 years; and
- Be curious, self-motivated and innovative.
Format of the Internship Programme
- Successful applicants will be placed within the information technology (IT) environment to acquire all the required competencies.
- The duration of the programme is a one-year contract (with an option to extend).
During the programme, learners will acquire the required technical and behavioural competencies based on their areas of specialisation, namely Advanced Analytics, Cybersecurity, Cloud Engineering, Infrastructure Technologies (Virtualisation, Operating Systems and Storage), Integration Technologies, Server and SWIFT.